Sunday, 29 July 2012
OMMAC 14: Martin Stapleton grinds out a decision victory over Jason Cooledge
After having to deal with a fight card plagued with injuries, British promotion OMMAC managed to put on a fantastic night of fights. Former UFC fighter Paul Kelly, Wayne Murrie and Tony Moran were all forced to with draw from the event, but as they say “the show must go on”, and it did.
The main event featured a lightweight matchup between Martin Stapleton and Jason Cooledge. The two men engaged in an exciting battle which saw Cooledge show some impressive determination, forcing the fight to go all three rounds. In the end Stapleton was able to get the most out of the exchanges and earned himself the unanimous decision victory. After returning from a three year break from the sport, Martin Stapleton adds a second consecutive victory to his record, having defeated Shahid Hussain in June at FCC 3.
In an unexpected turn of events, we also saw Artem Lobov score a third round TKO victory over Shay Walsh, after losing the first two rounds he managed to finish Shay with a big blow and secure an impressive comeback win. Other notable results include Lee Chadwick's first round TKO win over Stu Tyrie, and Uche Ihiekwe's first round submission win over David Round.
Here are the full results for OMMAC 14: Bring The Pain:
- Martin Stapleton def. Jason Cooledge via unanimous decision - Rd 3, 5:00
- Lee Chadwick def. Stu Tyrie via TKO (cut) - Rd 1, 3:46
- Artem Lobov def. Shay Walsh via TKO (strikes) - Rd 3
- Uche Ihiekwe def. David Round via submission (guillotine) - Rd 1
- Gary Kelly def. Brian Moore via majority decision - Rd 3, 5:00
- Mick Kay def. Brett Healy via TKO (punches) - Rd 1, 1:17
- Darren Till def. Rich Taylor via TKO (strikes) - Rd 1
- Anthony O'Connor def. Lee Threlfall via submission (arm triangle) - Rd 1
Stay close to The MMA Review (www.themmareview.co.uk) for all the latest MMA news.
Jay Cee – The MMA Review